Hello Disney-curious friends!
Yesterday, I posted an enormous page (almost 5,000 words!) detailing how I plan my Walt Disney World vacations.
If you have the time, read it by clicking here. It will change your life.
Ok, maybe not really CHANGE your life, but I do hope it helps you plan your next Disney vacation and maybe change the way you think of the planning process.
Today, I decided to write a quick summary reference page for my awesome blog friends (you!).
More details and explanations can be found in the full version here. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask! I am happy to help.
Quick and simple, this is how I plan my Walt Disney World vacations:
- Start a Disney savings account
- Answer these important questions (Click here)
- Remember the most important thing about Disney (Click here)
- Buy a spiral notebook
- Purchase the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World for the year of travel (Purchase the 2017 edition here and purchase the 2018 edition here)
- Create an account on the Touring Plans website and use the discount offer from the purchase of the Unofficial Guide.
- Add the Touring Plans App to my phone
- Create a free My Disney Experience account on the Disney website.
- Add the My Disney Experience App to my phone.
- Become familiar with the Touring Plans and My Disney Experience websites and apps.
- Decide on a budget
- Read the Unofficial Guide
- Decide on travelers, mode of travel
- Use Touring Plan’s crowd calendar to choose travel dates
- Use Unofficial Guide and Disney website to research resorts
- Decide on number of days for theme park tickets
- Book vacation on the Disney website: add travelers, choose resort, number of days for tickets, choose waterpark, park hopper, memory maker, extra experiences and dining plan as needed Click here to find out if the dining plan is right for you!
- Pay $200 deposit
- Research dining options and character meals, if desired. Click here for a list of all character meals at Walt Disney World.
- 180 days before check-in, book dining reservations. Click here for the best dining options inside Magic Kingdom!
- Start training and conditioning
- Order custom t-shirts Click here for the BEST places to get Disney t-shirts!
- Continue to make payments on the Disney website
- Research theme parks and rides in the Unofficial Guide, Disney website and YouTube
- Decide on desired character interactions
- 60 days before check-in, book Fast Passes (if staying at Disney resort)
- 30 days before check-in, book Fast Passes (if staying off Disney property)
- Complete online check-in through My Disney Experience account
- Start planning and packing (Don’t forget rain ponchos and garbage bags!)
- Keep an eye out for the arrival of Magic Bands
- Finalize budget for extras
- Go on the most awesome vacation!
To read the full version of how to plan a Disney vacation like a pro, click here!
To read a review of my favorite Disney resort, click here!
Love Disney princesses? Click here for a list of every princess dining option at Disney!